Boy bands are amazing. Fictional boy bands are even more amazing. Below I’ve compiled a list of my favorite fake boy bands (in no particular order). I’ve also included a few fake solo artists, BECAUSE I CAN.
Boyz 4 Now – Bob’s Burgers already has some of the most fantastic original songs on TV, so the debut of a boy band was bound to be good.
Sterotypes: The hot one, the cute but shy one, the moody and a little older one and the young one who is crazy good at dancing. One of the many fake boy bands where the older one is clearly OLDER.
High Point: Louise’s new found attraction to Boo Boo – “HE’S THE REASON FACES WERE INVENTED!”
I’m OBSESSED with the Hello Kitty by OPI nail polishes!
Surprise, surprise: I have a new tattoo! With the premiere of the new episodes of The X-Files looming, I thought it was as good a time as any to get something I’ve wanted for quite awhile: Ed’s tattoo from the episode Never Again. (If you’re unfamiliar with The X-Files, here’s my list of episodes to start with, including Never Again.)
Recently I came across a few different techniques for nail art that involve making your own decals. It’s pretty fun to do, and is actually a really great solution if there’s a markedly different skill level between your dominant hand and non-dominant one. (AKA your left hand looks great and your right hand looks… shaky.)
What happens when I dress Moose up like Drake? THE ANSWER MAY SHOCK YOU.
Thanks to my friend Jess for helping me film and to Dale for putting together the music for me!
I’ve decided to get into the reverse stamping nail art game, so I was super excited to get my latest order from What’s Up Nails. I ordered:
- Uberchic Beauty Uber Mat – You use this do to the reverse stamping, but it’s also nice to just use as a protective surface.
- Mo You London Stamping Plates – I got a delightful assortment of polar critters and a plate with a bunch of fast food designs.
- Creative Shop Stamper – I have a few Konad stampers already, but they have a much smaller surface.
- Angled Brush – I ordered a tiny angled brush to try and use for cleanup around my nails. I’m pretty bad about cleanup. 🙂
- Samples – I love that What’s Up Nails always includes samples of their vinyl stencil stickers! They sent a whole bunch this time – most of which were Christmas themed and totally adorable.
My friend Sara also sent me an ADORABLE Hello Kitty nail art book full of sweet as can be manicures. Can’t wait to try out some of their designs!
Here’s the other pumpkin I did this year! It was soooo easy and would be fun to do with children – especially since you don’t have to worry about scooping the pumpkin out and getting messy! I used normal acrylic paint from the craft store, and needed two coats of the white to make sure it wasn’t splotchy.